WPLC provided a 90 minute webinar about Wisconsin’s digital media buying pool on Thursday, May 3, 2012. View the archived recording here.
Panelists briefly discussed why and how the buying pool was created, why they believe it makes sense for Wisconsin’s public libraries, what they’ve learned in the few months since it started, and how materials are selected for the collection.
Documents shared during the webinar:
- Wisconsin’s Digital Media Buying Pool (Jim Trojanowski)
- Funding pool tables (Jeff Gilderson-Duwe)
- WPLC Selection Committee (Sara Gold)
Websites viewed during the webinar:
- WPLC Selection Committee
- A Primer on Ebooks for Libraries Just Starting With Downloadable Media
- A Guide to Publishers in the Library Ebook Market
- OverDrive Advantage libraries in Wisconsin
- Random House Not So Random with Library Ebook Price Increases
About the panelists:
- Jim Trojanowski is Director of Northern Waters Library Service and Chair of the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC), which created and maintains the digital media buying pool.
- Jeff Gilderson-Duwe is Director of Oshkosh Public Library and Winnefox Library System. He served as a member of the WPLC committee that developed the concept of the buying pool.
- Sara Gold is Cooperative Purchasing and Licensing Program Librarian at WiLS. She is consultant to the WPLC Selection Committee, which is responsible for purchasing content for the buying pool.