The 2019 Wisconsin Author Project for 2019 closed May 31st. Judging is underway and a winner will be shared later this fall.
Through the Wisconsin Author Project, made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, libraries are helping local authors get the recognition they deserve for writing great books. Wisconsin residents who are authors of self-published adult or young adult fiction will be invited to submit their work. One winner will receive $1,000, inclusion in a full page spread in Library Journal, be honored at PLA 2020 in Nashville, and be recognized at the awards ceremony of the Wisconsin Library Association Annual Conference in October.
Submissions are due by May 31st. The submitted books will be reviewed by staff at Library Journal and by members of the Wisconsin library community. The winner will be announced this fall at the Annual Conference of the Wisconsin Library Association.
For more information or to submit a book for consideration, visit the Wisconsin Author Project website.
If you'd like to promote this contest to your community, here are some marketing materials!
- Press release template
- Writers' groups email template (click here to see a list of potential writers' groups to reach out to, in addition to any local ones you may know about)
- Wisconsin Author Project logo (the page may appear black but the logo is black text on a transparent background; if your image viewer background is also black it will look like nothing is there! Either look closely in the middle of the screen to find it or right click and save the logo image above.)
- Printable Flyer
- Printable Poster
- Social Media posts for Facebook and Twitter
- Other marketing collateral, including alternate logos and web images
Don't forget! More tools and collections from BiblioBoard are available for Wisconsin authors and readers, including Pressbooks, SELF-e, and digital collections from BiblioBoard. If you'd like to learn more, watch the recordings from two webinars below with BiblioBoard and WPLC project managers:
- BiblioBoard Webinar from Wednesday, February 6th: Recording available here
- BiblioBoard 101 with WPLC Project Managers from Friday, March 8th: Recording available here
For patrons interested in understanding the terms of the contest, they can be found here: https://indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/wisconsin/.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pressbooks, the Wisconsin Author Project, SELF-e, and BiblioBoard Library are all made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.