Last year, OverDrive's 40,000 library and school partners circulated a quarter of a billion eBooks and audiobooks through their OverDrive-powered collections. The more than 225 million borrowed titles represent a 14% growth in checkouts from 2016! Here are some factors that helped that along:
- In September, Google launched a new feature making it easier for users to find library ebooks in Google Search.
- In December, the new Libby app was named one of Google Play’s Best Apps of 2017.
- Young readers continued to embrace digital reading, as juvenile and young adult ebooks and audiobook circulation increased by 9%, breaking 2016’s record.
- YOU! WPLC member libraries are committed to serving their patrons and continue to promote, support, and advocate for improvement to this statewide service.
Wondering what the most popular ebooks borrowed from all OverDrive-powered libraries in 2017 were? Here you go!
- The Whistler by John Grisham
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling and John Tiffany
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Night School by Lee Child
Visit OverDrive's full press release to learn more about this and see more 2017 statistics. We'll have more details about how Wisconsin's Digital Library fared in 2017 soon!