Support for OverDrive
OverDrive Support Course
The WPLC OverDrive Support Course is a virtual 5-week course designed to help you provide front line support to OverDrive users. Each week there is a lesson, a quiz over the material, and a mock support email to respond to. WiLS and some library systems offer this course occasionally throughout the year and will share information about upcoming courses to the WPLC Announcements List. All course lessons are available below. For more information, contact Andrea Coffin at email@example.com.
- Week 1: The Basics
- Week 2: The Tools
- Week 3: Common Questions
- Week 4: Less Common Questions
- Week 5: Putting It All Together
Materials to help libraries & systems provide great OverDrive Support:
- "Support information to gather" worksheet
- Using OverDrive Marketplace: A step-by-step guide to using OverDrive Marketplace for technical support
- OverDrive Support Common Questions and Answers, Part 1: A document that includes information on how to answer common questions, including sample responses
- OverDrive Support Common Questions and Answers, Part 2: Slightly harder questions, with slightly more complex answers.
- WPLC OverDrive Support Google Community
- Using OverDrive Marketplace - A helpful video from South Central Lbrary System that is an overview of how to use Marketplace for support, reports, and documentation.
- What To Do If You Are Stuck - A guide and process for finding solutions to patrons' problems using Wisconsin's Digital Library.
- What To Do with Title Requests - A guide to help patrons make recommendations for purchases to Wisconsin's Digital Library.
- Libby Information - An overview of the new OverDrive mobile app for new users, Libby.
- Explaining Wait Times and High Holds in Wisconsin's Digital Library
- Checkout Time Policies
- WPLC Support Community Mailing List - An email list that distributes to other providers of frontline support for OverDrive in Wisconsin's Digital Library for your questions, for you to share your OverDrive expertise, and for information from WPLC about OverDrive support. You need a Google account to be a member but you don't need a gmail address to join. You can create a Google account with any email and you can find instructions here or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
OverDrive Support Trainings: Webinars and Webcasts
In early April 2018, the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium began a two-year pilot project, funded in part by LSTA, with a suite of offerings from BiblioBoard that help libraries connect with and support their local writing (and reading!) communities. Use the links below to find out information about each, including resources to help promote the projects and collections to your patrons:
- The Wisconsin Author Project, an author contest open to Wisconsin authors of original adult or young adult fiction
- Pressbooks, an online platform that helps authors create professional print and ebook editions of their books
- SELF-e, a Library Journal program designed to help local and independently-published authors find readers
- BiblioBoard Library, collections of digital resources for readers
BiblioBoard Training Videos