OverDrive Support Course
The WPLC OverDrive Support Course is a virtual 5-week course designed to help you provide front line support to OverDrive users. Each week there is a lesson, a quiz over the material, and a mock support email to respond to. WiLS and some library systems offer this course occasionally throughout the year and will share information about upcoming courses to the WPLC Announcements List. All course materials are available below. For more information, contact Andrea Coffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support course
Materials to help libraries & systems provide great OverDrive Support:
- "Support information to gather" worksheet
- Matrix for Device Compatibility and Software Identification: Need to know what formats work with which devices and what software to use? This matrix can help
- Using OverDrive Marketplace: A step-by-step guide to using OverDrive Marketplace for technical support
- OverDrive Support Common Questions and Answers, Part 1: A document that includes information on how to answer common questions, including sample responses
- OverDrive Support Common Questions and Answers, Part 2: Slightly harder questions, with slightly more complex answers.
- Parts 1 and 2 of Common Questions and Answers, combined: For reference.
- WPLC OverDrive Support Google Community
- Joining the WPLC OverDrive Support Google Community
- Using OverDrive Marketplace - A helpful video from South Central Lbrary System that is an overview of how to use Marketplace for support, reports, and documentation.
- What To Do If You Are Stuck - A guide and process for finding solutions to patrons' problems using Wisconsin's Digital Library.
- What To Do with Title Requests - A guide to help patrons make recommendations for purchases to Wisconsin's Digital Library.
- Libby Information - An overview of the new OverDrive mobile app for new users, Libby.
- Explaining Wait Times and High Holds in Wisconsin's Digital Library