Support for OverDrive
OverDrive Support Course
The WPLC OverDrive Support Course is a virtual 5-week course designed to help you provide front line support to OverDrive users. Each week there is a lesson, a quiz over the material, and a mock support email to respond to. Some library systems offer this course occasionally throughout the year and will share information about upcoming courses to the WPLC Announcements List. All course lessons are available below. Contact your system directly to see if they provide the course for your member libraries.
- Week 1: The Basics
- Week 2: The Tools
- Week 3: Common Questions
- Week 4: Less Common Questions
- Week 5: Putting It All Together
Materials to help libraries & systems provide great OverDrive Support:
- "Support information to gather" worksheet
- Using OverDrive Marketplace: A step-by-step guide to using OverDrive Marketplace for technical support
- OverDrive Support Common Questions and Answers, Part 1: A document that includes information on how to answer common questions, including sample responses
- OverDrive Support Common Questions and Answers, Part 2: Slightly harder questions, with slightly more complex answers.
- Using OverDrive Marketplace - A helpful video from South Central Lbrary System that is an overview of how to use Marketplace for support, reports, and documentation.
- What To Do If You Are Stuck - A guide and process for finding solutions to patrons' problems using Wisconsin's Digital Library.
- What To Do with Title Requests - A guide to help patrons make recommendations for purchases to Wisconsin's Digital Library.
- Explaining Wait Times and High Holds in Wisconsin's Digital Library
- Checkout Time Policies
- WPLC Support Community Mailing List - An email list that distributes to other providers of frontline support for OverDrive in Wisconsin's Digital Library for your questions, for you to share your OverDrive expertise, and for information from WPLC about OverDrive support. You need a Google account to be a member but you don't need a gmail address to join. You can create a Google account with any email and you can find instructions here or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.